HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

French Wreath Garden Panels

This is another one of my projects using stray cabinet doors, the kind you might find in a salvage yard or perhaps on the curb in your neighborhood.  I wanted to do a garden themed vignette at Aubergine Emporium, the little shop I am a dealer at.  Don't they look wonderful on this old chippy gate?  Just the look I was going for.
They started out as boring wood run of the mill cabinet doors.  My husband painted them a dark gray something akin to primer gray.
Then I picked a white I had on hand.  If you like Annie Sloan chalk paint, this is sort of like her "Old White" color.  Not a white white at all.  My intent was an old French garden look.  Then we used epoxy glue and attached the beautiful wreaths that I purchased at The Bella Cottage.  I use her embellishments all the time.  They are great quality compared to some other ones I have found.   When everything was painted white, I took my sander and heavily sanded the doors.  The paint I used must have had a lot of yellow in it because it revealed a yellowish cast in some areas.  Didn't bother me at all since I wanted the layered paint look.  Then I took the razor blade scraper and went to town chipping away some of the paint to reveal the bottom layers.  Now they are all ready for spring. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Here is the link to The Bella Cottage's website click here,


Pin It





shabby creek cottage


Button
Fine Craft Guild

16 comments:

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Maggie,

Your garden panels are gorgeous!!!

Dee

Unknown said...

Those are adorable and boy would my sister-in-law love them.

I am visiting from the Linky blog hop and I am a new follower.

http://lovemy2dogs.blogspot.com

Heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

They are absolutely gorgeous. I'm going over to that ebay store to check it out.

I'm your newest Linky follower!

Gypsy Heart said...

Love them! How do you think of all these things? I guess that part of my brain hasn't turned on. :-)

xo
Pat

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love em, Maggie, and yes, they look fab on that gate.

Barbara Jean said...

love them. Thanks for the how to's.

blessings
barbara jean

Bliss said...

Your projects always make me go hmmm.

~Bliss~

Tammy said...

I love them!!! What a great way to recycle a cabinet door! You definitely captured the look. I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime

Sue said...

Maggie, These are really cute! I'll run over and check out the wreaths- thanks for the link. :-) Sue

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those do look great! I might have to copy this idea--they look so pretty!

Kitchen Cabinet Doors said...

Very beautiful looking....

Beth said...

These are just so pretty! Love the Wreaths!

I tried to search for The Bella Cottage on Ebay and couldn't, and I couldn't find the wreaths either. I'd like to check out her stuff, could you post a link to her store?

I'm also a Linky Follower!

Angie said...

Love these!!
Angie

All Things Chic 2 said...

They are very Shabby Chic...Love them , your newest follower...I invite you to visit my blog as well...Blessings Lori

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

They are darling!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe said...

What a lovely project!