HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Shabby Carved Table

Here is another sweet little table I picked up in my travels.  It's a heavily carved piece and it had a marble insert that was cracked.  I had my husband paint the whole piece with my favorite Old White.
I used a Graphics Fairy image of an old French label.  I opted for the image without the writing and I kind of wished I had used the full label image, but I'm still happy with the end result.
I have a real fondness for heavily carved pieces so I couldn't pass this one up.
Although I had some flaws in the application of the label to the table, that was still okay.  I do like everything to have a time worn look.
Here is a close up.  It doesn't bother me that some of the transfer rubbed off.  This piece still has a lot of charm.
Here is the image I used from the Graphics Fairy.
Here is a complete image with the writing.  I have a weakness for French perfume labels, and I surprised myself that I didn't use this version, but maybe next time.
Thanks for visiting.

I may be partying at...


Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                 
                                         

10 comments:

Susie said...

Maggie, You have made so many wonderful tables...but I love this one so much. It is so sweet. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Gorgeous table, Maggie! I think it looks good without the writing. Imagine a pretty vase filled with flowers sitting on top, or a vintage tea set. You could use that table in so many different ways!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Gorgeous table, Maggie! I think it looks good without the writing. Imagine a pretty vase filled with flowers sitting on top, or a vintage tea set. You could use that table in so many different ways!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Gorgeous table, Maggie! I think it looks good without the writing. Imagine a pretty vase filled with flowers sitting on top, or a vintage tea set. You could use that table in so many different ways!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Such a beautiful table, Maggie! I think the label turned out good even with the missing bits. It makes it look more distressed and aged that way.

NanaDiana said...

Maggie- That is a great looking table and the perfect image for the top of it. It would be pretty with the writing, too, but I like it as is. What a nice find! xo Diana

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Maggie, what a gorgeous piece!!! It looks perfect to me!!

Carol

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

So pretty, and I think the label flaws in the transfer only add to its character. Great job.

Patricia said...

Oh this is so pretty, I love it. Maggie I don't know how, when or why but you have disappeared from my "following list" with a good few others! I must be honest it was only when your name came up on Pinterest that I realised I hadn't seen you for a while. Anyway I'm following again now. Blogger does play tricks sometimes!

Natalia said...

The table is adorable! I love anything heavily carved! :)
(I have a virtual collection of carved items as I just cannot afford all carved art objects - tables, clocks, jewelry boxes etc.- that I like)